Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Blog Fundraising...an issue?

It has been brought to my attention, more than once, that fund-raising on your blog can hurt your chances with the Ethiopian government--and I suppose other countries as well. I'm struggling.  I had made the decision to only allow other bloggers to view my blog when we get a referral so it wouldn't be an issue.  But I know I have lots of peeps out there that check in (even if few ever comment :0).  And I haven't even really begun my fund-raising.  The t-shirts are coming within the next couple of weeks for sure and I can't wait to put them up all over and try some of the cool raffle ideas other people have lead me to.  So what to do???  Do the rest of you have this same concern?  Did any of you go through with it?  And even if I closed it to non-bloggers, how difficult is it to get an account?  I don't want to make it a pain to drop in and see the Chiolis Family.  
Anyone?
Anyone?

2 comments:

Deena said...

All I can say is that Paypal has some magical way of finding out how you raise funds. It was only a short time before they caught on to our iPod raffle and threatened further action if we didn't stop taking the donations. I had to do a little work to have my Paypal account put back in good standing...It was worth it in the long run. You will be fine with a paypal button for selling shirts though - it is not seen as "gambling" like my raffle was :) I haven't heard anything negative about fundraising after getting a referral...I can just say that I am sick of thinking about funding now and just want to stare at our little girl's picture. Get as much fundraising done before your referral as possible :)

Josh, Amy, Olivia, Josiah, Girum, Tarikwa, and Taye said...

You should definitely call your case worker at your agency with this question.

music player