Tuesday, January 18, 2011

HERE WE GO!!!!! We're off to Ethiopia!!! Would you like to see HER?????

HERE SHE IS!!!!!
Here is our little beauty. 
 
Her name is Aregash Dejene, 
pronounced O (aw) de (short e) g (hard g) osh (like gosh)
Her first name means "to make stable" 
and her last name is her Father's first name, 
which means "My Protector".  
These are the pictures we received of her the day we were "matched" or referred on June 22, 2010. 
These are the pictures that came through sideways on my email! 
I was in awe from the first moment I saw her.
  
Then in October we were sent this picture.....
She had changed soo much that we wondered if it was our same precious girl.  
Chubby cheeks gone and more hair......
but the same smile and twinkle in her eyes.

So we traveled across the world to meet her for the first time
and call her "OURS" in front of the high courts of Ethiopia 
on November 24, 2010.
And this is the day we met.......



The second day.....
she was ready and waiting for us when we got there.
Lots of smiles this day!
Do you see the twinkle?
Time for goodbye....for now. 
I love this one.  Time for nap with toys in tow.

And our last day in Addis Ababa with our punkin....
She came down with the same head-band/bow 
she had been given by another family the day before.  
That's my girl.
Aregash Faith Dejene Chiolis
Just the beginning of The Beginning.

These are some of my favorite pictures, but you can see more by looking at the book below. 
And then when we return there will be more to share!  
I can't wait to share her with you all!  
Please pray for our trip, our health, our safety, our hearts, and our boys back home.  
My love to all of you........
my friends I have met through this amazing experience, 
and those who have prayed for and supported us along the way.  
You are such a God-given Blessing.


We return January 28th at 3:15 for anyone who would like to meet us and share in our joy!!!  
We would love to see you!!!
With peace in my heart and a smile on my face..........HERE WE GO!!!!!




 This is the book I made as a gift for our baby's sweet Birth-Family to take with us when we meet them.  
It is not only to help them remember her and see our family, 
but mostly to thank them for the most-amazing, self-less gift in the world. 
We are grateful.

You can click on the link to make the pages bigger.  And you can slow the pages down by pausing on the top of page.



12 comments:

Cami said...

Oh my!!! Tears a flowing. I'm so thrilled for you. You are finally bringing her home. She is just beautiful. Stunning. And she is coming home. Couldn't be happier for you!

Captain Murdock {Godwilladd.com} said...

She is so so beautiful!

Tamara B said...

love the pics. Have fun!!!

SaraLyons said...

So beautiful, cant wait until she is home with you all:)

Becky Nakashima Brooke said...

She is beautiful:) Thanks for sharing the book.

Abby said...

she is beautiful!! SO happy for you!! we are a holt family, too!

Julie said...

Beautiful, beautiful. I'm thrilled to see her face. She is so blessed...you are so blessed. Happy happy day :-)

Laura said...

So thrilled for you..you made me all teary eyed today! Safe travels and God speed to you. What a beautiful little thing she is and what an amazing addition to your family! Blessings to you...

Lisa Lannon said...

Kendra - She is BEAUTIFUL!! I am crying tears of joy for you! Aregash has the most amazing energy and sparkle, what a joy she is! Have a wonderful trip!

missy said...

just heard about your situation. praying for you and your beautiful girl!

The Love's said...

YEAH!!! Welcome home Aregesh! I hope you had a warm welcome. You were all in our prayer sand we cannot wait to meet her.

Sarah said...

I wanted to go meet you at the airport yesterday, but couldn't. I woke up early this morning thinking about your family and praying for this adjustment period! We are so thrilled for you and can't wait to meet her :-)!!
Sarah Diaz and Family

music player