Monday, April 4, 2011

grateful

I am taking a much needed weekend away with a friend...
leaving on Thursday to go to Denver for the 
Empowered to Connect Conference through Show Hope.
 Show Hope is an organization that Christian singer, Steven Curtis Chapman began after his adopted child, Maria, was killed by a car a few years ago. 
 It is in her honor that they are helping adopting families all over the country to bring their babies home.
I applied for many grants for financial assistance during our adoption and we were awarded with this one. 
 It is a HUGE thing to want to do such an extraordinary thing, but not have the means.
God MAKES things happen.
Show Hope will always have our support.
I can't wait to help other families who choose adoption in their paths.
I'm sure this weekend will help me to do that.


 I will be leaving Aregash for the first time since we got home
 (well, I've had a couple of outings away, but not overnight).  
It feels soo weird because it feels like I'm leaving my newborn. 
 I never left my boys until they were about 3 years old, 
but I had spent a much longer time with them and I still rarely leave them. 


 I need this, 
and I'm excited to be refreshed and revived when I come home. 
 Dic will take Friday off work and it will be good for them to spend some time together while the boys are in school.  And then he'll have ALL four kiddos ALL weekend by himself. 
 I tried to show him how to do Aregash's hair (please, oh please don't take her out without doing her hair) by twisting it with his fingers, but he says she'll be "fro-ed" all weekend.  Her hair isn't long enough to have a real cute fro, so I'm a little worried about that.  Maybe I can show the boys and they can help...at least for church on Sunday. :0)
  I'm letting go of that one...just gonna go and have a relaxing time. 
 You may think I'm lame, but since I've been married I haven't gone anywhere with a friend alone--crazy.
  So it isn't just necessary because we're post-adoption, but necessary for sanity!! Ha!


Many many thanks to the out-pouring of love, support, concern, and maybe just some plain 'ole curiosity I received from soo many friends about my post last week. 
 I feel loved.
I can't believe some of the sweet words that have come from you all.  
What a wonderful thing it is to be able to say that I'm having a hard time and to have friends just jump into action to see how they can help or just listen. 
 Some times I think I may have said more than I was ready for
.....but I never felt judged. 
Thank you for that.  


I am not always the wife, mother, friend I wish to be.  
I am human.
  I am a sinner. 
 I just keep learning and pushing on. 
 It is such a blessing to be a part of a community, in person and internet, 
where people's hearts lead them 
and God brings us all together. 
 It makes me want to be a better person. 
You are all cherished. 
 I am grateful.


~now off I go to be a better wife, mother, and friend~




2 comments:

Beth said...

Kendra,
Your wish to help others with adoption is coming true for me. My husband and I are working on our homestudy to adopt siblings from Ethiopia. I have been following your blog since your received your referral. Your honesty is so refreshing, and real -- it helps us to know that not everything will be perfect when we bring our children home. It's what we need to hear so much!
Scott and I will be at the conference in Denver this weekend, too. Hopefully we will have a chance to meet!
You are in my prayers every day!
Beth

Anonymous said...

♥love your blog♥

music player