Monday, May 18, 2009

Racing....


My life is running pretty fast-paced right now--just like this song.....makes me feel like I'm on a merry-go-round and can't get my feet down to stop.
I have been taking on way more than I have been capable of in the years passed and if you would have asked me to volunteer (which, believe me, I was) my first reaction would have been to jump on board.....then I would jump ship. I couldn't handle it. My mind was always spinning and I didn't know how to make it stop. I have learned that when my body is healthy, so is my mind. And that's all about nutrition, for one, but also sleep and a little pampering here and there....and then there's the biggest thing---I have God in my life. I always thought I had that, but I didn't really "get it". I know what it feels like now. I stumble...He picks me up. I loose it for a while...He puts me back on track. He gave me so many friends to lean on and share with who believe in Him with all their hearts. What a blessing! And then there is the change in my husband and my kids. We are all in it together and it's amazing how much more smoothly our lives run. We give it all up to God and he truly does take care of everything. So now I know that I have gifts from above and He guides me through it all. The three baseball teams and the stress that creates, giving my time at our church and how overwhelming that can be, my beautiful boys and all of that sassiness (yes, boys have it too ;0). And my husband has such a faith that I didn't know he was capable of. You wouldn't recognize him from two years ago (oh, and there's the 50 lbs lost and longer hair--that can really throw you off !). Life is good....better than it's ever been. I've learned to look at my calendar and take one day at a time, instead of seeing a full week and feel like throwing up. I just couldn't handle more than one thing at a time before, and even then my body was so unhealthy that it wouldn't allow it. I have been a tired, un-energetic person for most of my life I am realizing. And I get a hard time from others who don't understand why we have an early bedtime for our kids and try as hard as we can to keep them from junk food. It makes a HUGE difference in how we perceive life and that beautiful life can just pass us right on by. I wish I knew then what I know now---I wasted so much time being tired and not enjoying what was right in front of me.


So bring on the baseball games, and pictures and practices and concession stand duty. Bring on the trips to-and-from school for so many different reasons. Bring on the community and church volunteering and the preparation for long camping trips. And bring on the mounds of yard work and projects (seriously, though, you can have the cleaning and cooking).

I AM READY!
I can't wait to take the rest of it in and say that I got
"all of THIS accomplished"!!
WANNA RACE?
OH Lord, PLEASE HELP ME!!

No comments:

music player