Monday, August 31, 2009

Can I Homeschool you some more???

I know he's big enough.......

I know he's wise enough......

I know he's sweet enough.......

But here it is the night before my baby goes to school for the first time and I'm having a difficult time letting go. I know he will have a blast and I know he is in a safe, loving place. Is it about him? Or is it about me? Maybe I'm afraid to let go of this chapter in my life. I have, very fortunately, been home with my boys every day of their lives and I wouldn't have it any other way. It has been the most precious gift I could have ever asked for. And, now, even though Luke will only be gone for 2 hours and 55 minutes, it will be so different. I know he is looking forward to this new journey and I am excited for him. Each of my boys have told people that they "homeschool", when they are asked if they go to preschool. And I say "yes you are". They are the brightest, sweetest kiddos I know! :0) So even though I don't have a camera (because I dropped mine), and I'm not really sure if I want this little man to leave me yet, I will wake up cheerful and happy on his first day of school.....my last day of "homeschooling". I really am sad. Being big enough and wise enough and sweet enough doesn't take away the little pangs I'm feeling as a momma.


No comments:

music player